The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Monday 29 October 2007

Dear Technorati, what is wrong with my authority?

I must admit to having an unhealthy interest in web statistics, especially when they relate to my own web site. It is therefore annoying to note that my Technorati authority doesn't seem to be worth as much as everyone else's. Whilst their filtering system allows users to filter the results according to whether hits have: any authority, a little authority, some authority, or a lot of authority; my authority seems to account for little, and my results (for the term webometrics anyway) only seem to appear for people not interested in the authority of the posts.

I am a reasonable person, and wouldn't expect my hard-earned authority of 5 to appear under 'a lot of authority', and maybe not even 'some authority', but surely under 'a little authority'! Especially as others are appearing under 'a little authority' with an authority of 1.

Web statistics are nothing but trouble.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home