The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Tuesday 3 March 2009

PockeTwit: If you love Twitter Buy a Windows Mobile!

Over the past few weeks I've downloaded numerous different Xda Serra (HTC Touch Pro/MDA Vario IV) applications, but today I found the first one that really surprised me: PockeTwit.

The name is fairly self-explanatory: A Twitter application for a Pocket PC.

Whilst I generally find mobile applications to be poor imitations of desktop application, PocketTwit actually surpasses the Twitter.com web site! Unfortunately, to really get a feel for the application you need to see it in action, and I couldn't find a free screencaster for my phone. Nonetheless here are a couple of stills.

The Updates:

Select a comment and drag to the left and you can reply, quote, etc.:

Drag to the right and you can send messages (including pictures and your GPS position), find other Twitterers on a map, search geographically as well as on keywords:

It's hard to express how impressed I am by this Twitter app, but when I have calmed down I will head over to PockeTwit and make a donation...a first in all my time online (nb.I would donate too much in my current frame of mind).

If you have a Windows Mobile phone, give it a try. If you are a Twitter-addict and thinking about getting a new phone, get a Windows Mobile phone.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

We have recently released a free Twitter add-on for IE called TweetIE, it works for IE 6,7 and 8. I hope the readers of this blog will find it interesting. download I would also appreciate if the author of this blog could review our plug-in. FireFox plug-in is also available.

6 March 2009 at 11:25

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home