The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Thursday 18 March 2010

Welcome StumbleUpon - and other members of my recent spike

Unsurprisingly, my Webometric Thoughts aren't massively popular. There are few people who start the day checking the BBC, the Guardian, and then Webometric Thoughts. However, over the last few days my traffic has gone through the relative roof, from a steady 100 unique visitors a day, on Tuesday it leaped to 602!

Way beyond the previous high of 262. The reason: For a brief moment I was the TechCrunch pin-up boy, thanks to my (now-very-old) QR code T-shirt - nb. it goes without saying that this rather large company that clears $200,000 a month (according to Wikipedia) didn't bother asking my penniless permission.

What's particularly interesting is that hardly any of the traffic has come directly from TechCrunch, in fact only 112 of the visits over the last three days. Instead the traffic has been mostly a massive surge of visits to my home page from StumbleUpon. I'm not sure why, but nonetheless - Hello Stumbleupon Users *waves*

Labels: ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Research Paper said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

5 June 2010 at 10:53

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home