The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Friday 11 January 2008

Combining the Eee PC with the N95

How could you improve on the Eee PC? Give it mobile web (broadband quality - through which I could stream the BBC's Flash programmes):

Whilst it is important to check your mobile operator's pricing policy (I needed to up-grade from T-mobile's web 'n' walk, to web 'n' walk plus), the steps are fairly easy...once you find the right pages to follow on the web:

1. Enable accessing the full-desktop mode on your Eee PC.
2. Add your N95 network

Whilst it is suggested that you need to be "fairly comfortable at the linux shell prompt" when it comes to adding the N95, everything you need to do is fairly intuitive.

How on earth did we manage before people posted everything online?

nb. obviously if I suddenly find I have a bill for hundreds of pounds I will change the post accordingly. It is worth noting that whilst I upgraded my plan online, I had to phone T-mobile to get the upgrade today rather than on my next billing date.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis Goodings said...

Thanks for this David! I will get on it. Have found any other mods or hacks that are particularily good? I keep checking the two main EEEpc blogs, but most of the stuff on there looks like I wouldn't need it. For example, taking the computer to bits for hours so it has a touch screen isn't really my thing!

21 January 2008 at 14:16

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home