The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Wednesday 27 February 2008

Qik Streaming Video: Scarily easy!

I came across a post on a BBC blog yesterday about a site called Qik.com, which provides an application for your mobile phone so that you can stream live video from your mobile phone to the web. Whilst it is in an alpha-release at the moment, I found my request for an invite was relatively quickly met, and at some point during the night my mobile phone received the necessary text with a link to the software.

The amazing thing about Qik is the ease with which you can start streaming video. Literally a couple of clicks on my mobile phone and I am streaming live! Obviously, like most people, my life is not filled with never ending events worthy of filming, so my first video is an extremely mundane recording of the Qik.com web site, which I click through until I enter the never ending world of me filming me filming me filming....

Whilst that isn't the most exciting video, you can embed a person's Qik channel rather than just a single video, which will then show the most recent video or a live stream:

At the time of posting these are one and the same, but who knows, I may try some streaming whilst I am out and about just to see what it is like.

Labels:

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home