The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Friday 18 April 2008

I buy my electronics from...Argos?

Despite having had my eye on the Wii Fit since December, having spotted the UK release date in February, and being aware of shops selling out over a week ago, I have only just placed my order for the Wii fit. All the usual suspects had sold out, so I had to place my order with Argos:

"Argos will only take pre-orders against a pre-agreed launch allocation from the supplier. Argos will not start taking pre-orders until this allocation is known. Argos will stop taking pre-orders when this allocation has been sold. Argos will never knowingly oversell the Wii Fit. Argos will endeavour to deliver on the launch date, however should the supplier fail to deliver on time or part deliver on launch date, Argos will deliver to customers in strict chronological order, which may be after the launch date."

Whilst there is no reason why I should expect Argos to be less reliable than any of the other online sellers, I don't feel particularly confident. If it was an electric blanket I would be extremely confident, however you just get the feeling that an outlet better known for toasters and kettles will be one of the first to get it's order shortened.

12pm-6pm Friday 25th April 2008 looks like it will be a stressful few hours.

Labels:

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home