The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Thursday 19 June 2008

Eee 901: Has the UK launch been delayed?

Supposedly the UK launch date for the Eee PC 901 was July 1st, but with less than two weeks to go and no sign of it being available for pre-order I am beginning to wonder.

This morning I made a point of looking on the sites of all the Eee PC UK suppliers ASUS mentions on their web site (http://www.asus-uk.com/eeepc/about/), but not one of them has the Eee PC 901 listed yet. I even looked on RM.com, where I got my original Eee PC. Nothing.

In comparison the slightly delayed MSI Wind is sitting there waiting to be ordered, and will be delivered on June 30th.

If I manage to get an Eee PC 901 delivered on the 1st July I will be very surprised.

Updated: 25/06/08 Finally spotted for sale.

Labels: , ,

posted by David at

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, very little offical word and scheduling, i am itching to order two of these. and july 1st seems a leap of faith at the moment, only site of asus's i can see mention of the 901 and newer models now is here: http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product.htm

19 June 2008 at 10:50

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I dunno, ebuyer looks like it's gearing up for it as it now has a netbook section seperated by processor types.

Plus when the 701 came on I don't remember there being any pre-order adverts around. I think due to the supply and demand of the EEE PC models they want people to have a fair chance, not just let them become all sold out before hand.

28 June 2008 at 09:07

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home