The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Wednesday 30 July 2008

When will ITV.com join Virgin Catch Up TV?

Whilst having a look at the new Blinx Remote this morning (via The Guardian), I suddenly realised that I no longer watch ITV (with the exception of watching the over-paid tax-dodging Formula 1 drivers). Over the last couple of years my TV habits have changed beyond all recognition, and ITV has failed to keep pace.

First I started watching TV programmes online. Whilst 4OD and the iPlayer both offered downloads, ITV offered streaming which was not particularly practical as I started to suffer from my old ISP's throttling measures.

Then I subscribed to Virgin TV which has given me the iPlayer and 4OD programmes on my TV with Virgin's TV Catchup: Anytime with no download problems. Unfortunately ITV hasn't signed up, and despite my best efforts I couldn't find any indication online that they plan to.

Whilst I find myself streaming the BBC on my Eee PC whilst doing the cooking, catching up on the TV, and even watching live for those can't wait programmes (such as last night's Summer Heights High), ITV has been relegated to point where I don't even know what is on anymore.

Whilst I have never been a fan of ITV, it is important to have a competitive domestic market, so they need to start catching up!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn right!

27 August 2008 at 22:14

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home