The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Monday 22 December 2008

King of Kong: The 'Nintendo Wii Virtual Console' Chapter

Yesterday, after weeks of waiting, I finally got broadband access at my new home. The first thing I did: download Donkey Kong onto the Wii's virtual console. Ever since watching The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters a couple of weeks ago I have been waiting to download the game.

Whilst I am one of the world's worst computer game players, by the end of the film I couldn't help but wonder how big a score I could get if I wasted enough hours. Whilst the virtual console is not comparable with the Donkey Kong Arcade cabinet, I doubt my girlfriend would have welcomed the arcade machine into our home, and the Wii game works out to be a far more reasonable £3.50. ALso, Twin Galaxies only have two high scores listed for Donkey Kong on the Nitendo Wii Virtual Console in the PAL region. So all I have to do is beat a score of 199,900, and I will have a really obscure Donkey Kong record (I would need to beat 258,900 in the NTSC region, whilst the original arcade machine would have been 1,050,200). Game on.

Labels: , , ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home