The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Twitter API Updates: But I still don't like them

Just hours after I wrote a post complaining about the limitations of the Twitter API for researchers, Twitter released two new API features that specifically deal with the data I was collecting!...Coincidence?

Twitter have now released two Social Graph Methods (via Scripting News) that enable you to call a list of a user's friends and followers. Whilst this is far quicker than checking the links between each pair of users, it unfortunately means I will have to write my program again from scratch.

Whilst I welcome the new methods it is still not addressing the fact that Twitter gives preferential treatment to commercial applications whilst lumping researchers together with hobbyists.

Nb. Obviously it is a coincidence, but my site did gain a bit of a stalker yesterday...

Labels: , ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home