The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Thursday 15 January 2009

Build Web Traffic as you Search!

After forgetting all about server-side programming since first attempting it back in September, I decided to have another go, more specifically using Yahoo BOSS. Yahoo BOSS allows you to send unlimited queries to the Yahoo database; a great tool for a webometrician, if only I could program. Anyway, whilst knocking up a VERY basic search interface:




...it occurred to me that successfully building a search engine into your site is potentially a good way of building traffic. Every time I visit a site from my new search page it will register in the site analytics of the page that I visit that a link has been followed from my web site, a fact that will also be advertised on the increasing number of pages that include a Feedjit-like widget. If people are half as obsessed by their analytics as I am, it is sure to increase traffic.

nb. The 'search engine' is very much a work in progress...

Labels: , , , ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home