The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Sunday 4 January 2009

Feedjit: Watching your visitors in real time

If you ever scroll all the way down to the bottom of my blog's over-cluttered side bar you will see a new widget from today: Feedjit. Whilst I have long been addicted to my Google Analytics it has always annoyed me that I can't see the visitors in real time. As such I decided to give Feedjit a try after seeing it on Goodbye Wren's post about a 150% baby.

Now I can just set my Feedjit page as my homepage, sit back, and watch no one turn up with far less effort. In fact the whole world can watch no one turn up on my blog.

Labels:

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Blogger wren said...

Ha, thanks for the shoutout! Isn't this a cool toy?

I posted a link to a video that went sort of viral in a thread on fark.com, a video of gladiators singing bon jovi. Watching the real-time thing come in with 3 hits a minute was fascinating, you could see all the people who clicked through the link, where it got reposted to, people who were emailing it or passing it to their friends directly. Very neat.

18 January 2009 at 14:32

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home