The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Wednesday 1 April 2009

I Hate April Fool's Day...but I like the Guardian-Twitter story

I have never been a fan of April Fool's day. It's not that I have been emotionally scarred by some outrageous prank, I just don't get the idea of pleasure from making someone else feel foolish. However, I'm in a bit of a quandary today as I did enjoy the Guardian's Twitter story: Twitter Switch for Guardian, after 188 years of ink.

Maybe it's time I reassess my dislike of April Fool's jokes. A couple of people have been commenting that the Guardian story is 'too bleeding obvious', but that is why I liked it. It's not at any one's expense, merely a humorous commentary on today's society, including a jibe at the idiotic Daily Mail:
"...the Daily Mail recently pioneered an iPhone application providing users with a one-click facility for reporting suspicious behaviour by migrants or gays"
If all April Fool's were like this, the day would be much nicer.

Labels:

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home