The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Thursday 28 May 2009

Many a slip twixt the phone and TwitPic?

Yesterday evening I was having a game of chess in the Posada pub in Wolverhampton. As it was the first game I had played in years, I couldn't let the occasion pass without telling the world. I sent this photo to TwitPic using PockeTwit:

However I have just discovered that was not the picture that was published:

Ignoring for the moment my inability to spell, where did this car come from? It is not a picture I have taken or even seen before! Admittedly I was having a pint with the game of chess, but I'm sure I would remember nipping out to take a photo of a rally car. No such picture exists on my phone.

On this occasion it didn't matter; no one even questioned the disparity between the photo and the text. However it could have been a less appropriate photo in a more professional context.

In attempting to keep up in the social media game many of us are relying on technologies that have not yet been robustly tested, and generally recommending these technologies to everyone else as well. Maybe we should make a bit more effort emphasising the fact these technologies should be treated as being in beta...even if they don't say they are.

Labels: , , ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

I have had the same, namely in this picture:

http://twitpic.com/1k3cz

I don't even own a Mac, let alone using it in what looks like a bar.

I've been using Brightkite, it's miles better.

28 May 2009 at 12:11

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home