The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Monday 13 July 2009

Free: Jesus v. the Radical Price

Whenever I finish a book I update my Shelfari account; I enjoy being reminded of the books I've read, it's amazing how quickly you forget them (and how few I actually finish). Anyway, today I added 'Free' to my shelf (after reviewing it over at the Online Journalism Blog) unfortunately someone has slightly edited the details:

(Nb. In case you haven't read it, it's nothing to do with Jesus).

Allowing users to contribute always risks the inclusion of misinformation and disinformation but, as with sites like Wikipedia, it is expected that the crowd will be self-correcting. However, unlike Wikipedia, Shelfari review the edits. Although the usefulness of the review is obviously open to question if they can't spot such a glaring mistake in what is likely to quickly become a very popular book. Shelfari have managed to slow the self-correcting ability of the crowd, without the 'review' process adding any benefit!

Labels: ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home