The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Go out and buy a K8055!

Before yesterday I had no idea what a K8055 was, but it turns out it is exactly what I've always wanted, and after pressing buttons and lighting up various LEDs for the past half-hour I am convinced everyone should have one!

Basically the K8055 provides a method of sending and receiving digital and analogue inputs and outputs from a computer.

The pleasure of the K8055 is that it is so easy to use (especially in comparison with the previously discussed USB thermometer that I'm Twittering). Not only does it come with the required drivers and a demo program, but the source code for the demo program is provided in a number of languages.

Now I need to decide on what I want to input or output.

Currently I'm thinking either a bulb that brightens and dims according to the mood of Wolverhampton (using a sentiment analysis of Twitter), or maybe just a big "ARGGHHH!!!" button that I can hit every time I get annoyed. But with a host of switches and sensors available (e.g., infrared & motion detectors) the possibilities are seemingly endless, so any other suggests are welcome.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Blogger Melroy said...

I got this K8055 for about 2 years (!) right now, and still I have no idea what i want to make :S

So maybe you got more ideas?
Personally I was thinking about building my own fancontroller?

Like:
http://alexanderonline.nl/images/casemodding/fancontroller.jpg

Or, little bit more advanced:
http://www.legitreviews.com/images/news/2008/nzxt_fan_controller.jpg

16 January 2010 at 01:07

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home