The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Saturday 8 March 2008

Tapping into the Google Adsense Millions!

In the early days of my blog I decided to not bother with adverts; after all, it seemed highly unlikely that I would generate enough traffic to earn the Google Adsense minimum. However, as I have been blogging I have found that the visitor numbers have steadily increased, and if they continue in the right direction I have hopes of eventually getting the blog to pay for itself!

My hosting package is costing me £56.37 for two years. According to the article I read when I made my original decision, a rough rule of thumb is that 1,000 impressions will make 50 cents. February saw my webometrics blog gain 2,160 impressions...so that would equate to just over a dollar. Whilst the numbers probably aren't quite there yet, it's worth a try if the numbers keep improving.

Admittedly I hope the standard of the ads improves. The first ads are for www.postersonwheels.co.uk and www.bee-moved.co.uk. If anyone visiting my site clicked on one of those I would be extremely suprised.

Nb. I still think the ads look tacky, but I have tried to place mine in a fairly unobtrusive place.

Labels:

posted by David at

3 Comments:

Blogger kholmber said...

Stop the press! You sold yourself to Google!

12 March 2008 at 15:33

 
Blogger David said...

...but if my GoogleAds income is any sort of indicator there won't be a Google for much longer :-)

12 March 2008 at 16:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well like everyone would say, all things that you do need time. Earning money is no exeption. And earning money with adsense isn't actually hard but, it ain't easy..a lot of people just aren't patient enough. It's not that I'm earning thousands of dollars like many gurus. You've written a great article but, what you need to know is that only a small percenatge of all people could earn a decent amount of money with adsense.Finding the right Keywords is a must to earn money with adsense.

20 August 2008 at 09:54

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home