The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Friday 25 April 2008

Wii Fit Diary - Day 1

At 12.45 Wii Fit arrived from Argos:

I decided against including either film or photos of me working out on the Wii Fit, so if somehow you don't know what one is, here is the trailer:

The game consists of 'over 40' activities, falling within four categories: balance games, aerobic exercise, yoga, and muscle workouts. As is so often the case with games these days, some of the sections only open up after you have spent a certain amount of time on the Wii. So, first impressions: great fun, although I have chosen to spend most of my time on the balance games, so whether the Wii Fit will manage to actually get me fit, only time can tell. The feature that is likely to keep you coming back (as opposed to the DVD that you leave on the shelf), is that it keeps a track of your weight and 'Wii Fit Age' over time. My starting stats:
Weight: 14st 5lbs
Body Mass Index: 26.68 (i.e., overweight)
Wii (un)Fit Age: 42
The Wii and I have had a discussion, and agreed that I need to lose one stone.

Labels:

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the diary! I'm in America and am very intrested in finding out if it's a useful tool, so I'll know whether or not to purchase it.

25 April 2008 at 17:01

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home