The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Sunday 8 February 2009

The Pleasure of Feedjit: Moving beyond the hits

One of the pleasures of Feedjit is you sometimes get to see patterns upfold that are missed in the vast quantities of data you collect with an analytics service such as Google Analytics. Today I spotted this one:

The above information shows me that not only did someone find my post about programming for Flickr in Python, but they found the page useful enough to visit each of the links I had placed. Not merely glancing at the linked-pages, but spending time reading, and probably acting, on them: It was 40 minutes between the visitor's arrival and their final leaving.

Obviously it's nice when a user finds plenty of interest on my site, but I am just as happy to know that I have pointed someone in the right direction.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home