The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Saturday 1 August 2009

Free online services can quickly go offline: Which RSS reader next?

There are some amazing web sites and services that you can get for free online, the problem is that they can go offline just as quikly. Microsoft's Popfly will disappear in a couple of weeks, the future of Yahoo BOSS is in doubt, and Newsgator's online feedreader is about to be shut down...at least the free version.

I've been using Newsgator's online version (as opposed to the desktop version which will continue to have a free version) for over 18 months, after getting fed-up with bloglines. My reasons for not changing to Google reader then still stands: I don't want all my information needs in one basket; Google is already too powerful.

The question now is where to go next. Do I return to Bloglines, ready to face the wrath of the bloglines plumber? Or is there a better alternative? I have one month to decide.

Labels: , ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home