The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Thursday 13 March 2008

WiFi -Some stats.

GigaOm published some interesting data yesterday on worldwide corporate wi-fi usage. Whilst it unsurprisingly highlighted London as the city with the greatest number of corporate wi-fi users in the world (after all it is the world's greatest city), I was personally surprised at the low proportion of users accessing wi-fi in cafes. Whilst I appreciate that business users have a lot of time on their hands in hotels and airports, I would expect this to be overwhelmed by the numerous 5/10 mins here and there in cafes all the time. Even in the back-of-beyond that is Wolverhampton I have found half a dozen cafes where I can get free wi-fi, from which I average 3-4hrs access week (sometimes a lot more).

It would seem as though theiPass results can only tell the story of how their users use their service, rather than reflecting the growth of wi-fi use generally. That is the data I would really like to see.

nb. I would also like to see an increase in links on posts to their sources. The lack of links seems to be increasingly popular over the last few months.

Labels:

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home