The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Programming Python on the Eee PC

Since Friday I have been spending a lot of time programming in Python on the Eee PC, the more I program the more I like both the language and the ease if having it on the Eee PC. Over at the Beeb Bill Thompson poses the question "Who will write tomorrow's code?", I suggested last week that the Eee PC (and other similar devices) may be the answer, and now I more convinced that ever.

Already I have been writing codes in python that use the Twitter, Flickr and Digg API, programs that can form the basis of numerous articles that I will never get around to writing...it's SO easy (with the possible exception of installing the simplejson library that the Twitter library relies on). Just wish some other sites would roll out APIs (e.g., Stumbleupon and Reddit).

So, do we all need to become top-class programmers? No. But if you can program, even to a basic level, the web becomes a lot more exciting and interactive place.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

This is an excellent suggestion - and provides a good way forward for eg university computer science departments to offer support to the kids at school too, I reckon. Do you mind if I pass it on?

3 April 2008 at 10:28

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home