The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Hotmail's selective sending

Despite recent difficulties in accessing my Hotmail account I have been, all-in-all, pleased with the service they have provided over the years and have no wish to move. However, over the last week Hotmail has stopped sending some of the long emails I have been diligently typing out, and instead just sent the recipients the adverts at the bottoms of the emails. Without checking the contents of the 'sent' email in the 'sent' folder, the first I hear of the problem is if the recipient takes the trouble to ask if there was meant to be more to the email than they received.

To my knowledge only two of my emails have gone missing in action (although I have not checked every sent email), however, what has also been lost is my trust in the service. Whilst the majority of my emails may be of little worth, some are extremely important, and if an important one goes missing it can really mess up my job.

For me the question is how can Hotmail get back my trust. I don't want to leave, and I certainly don't want to take a walk to the Google-mail side of the street, but I equally don't want to spend the rest of my life checking the 'sent' folder.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home