The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Sunday 6 July 2008

Scopus v. Web of Science

Whilst there have been numerous different papers that have compared the Web of Science, Scopus, and Google Scholar, until recently I have had to trust in others' opinions as I have not had access. In the last month, however, I have gained access to Scopus through starting an Open University course. Non-scientific early impression: Scopus is far better.

Scopus strikes me as much faster and more user-friendly than Web of Science, and the API takes its potential a step further. Just changing a few lines of the example code, and you can create a list of the most cited webometrics papers of all time, or the latest published webometrics papers. Web of Science will have to open up a lot more if it is going to keep its position as the number one citation database.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By any chance Is it possible to provide Scopus user id... its not opening in my university.... Please help me

12 March 2009 at 12:20

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home