The thoughts of a web 2.0 research fellow on all things in the technological sphere that capture his interest.

Friday 17 October 2008

Web Entrepreneurs: What a bunch of tossers

Last week I bought Paul Carr's Bringing nothing to the party: True confessions of a new media whore; yesterday I read it. Review in brief: A fun light read that managed to raise the occasional smile. Opinion of web entrepreneurs in general: what a bunch of tossers.

Obviously there is no reason why the web should be different to any other business with plenty of money sloshing about, it's just that I am highly unlikely to pick up a book on any other sort of business.

If I ever think about leaving the life of academia behind me, this is the book that made it clear that the life of a London web entrepreneur is not the life for me. I'm just not shallow enough.

Labels: ,

posted by David at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home